LinkVendor Product Page
The BBC’s mission is to enrich people's lives with programs that inform, educate, and entertain. The BBC Video Collection combines 700 of Alexander Street's most-viewed BBC films. Topics in the collection span multiple subjects and appeal to many patron types. Viewers will experience relevant, timely documentaries, and your library will see immediate usage and a positive return on investment.
Popular series and films
- International Terrorism
- Ancient Worlds
- History of Flight
- Heroes of World War II
- The Space Age: NASA’s Story
- The Royal Opera House Performances
- Beijing: Biography of an Imperial Capital
- Eat, Fast, and Live Longer
- Nature’s Weirdest Events
- Inside the Louvre
- Did God Have a Wife?
- How to Build a Dinosaur
The breadth of content, along with flexible acquisition options, makes the BBC Video Collection relevant not only to students, scholars, and other patrons, but to academic programs in history, science, business, art, music, health, and more. Faculty across the curriculum will find these documentaries useful in creating rich online, hybrid, and in-class experiences.
The BBC Video Collection is available in high definition on Alexander Street’s advanced learning interface. Features that encourage in-depth exploration include:
- Synchronized scrolling transcripts that run alongside every film, allowing users to search and jump to a specific point in the film
- Advanced indexing that encourages users to discover new content of interest
- Intuitive video editor that allows users to create, annotate, and share clips and playlists
- Cross-searchable interface that makes films available directly alongside related multimedia content
The BBC Video Collection is available via subscription and outright purchase to libraries worldwide. Free MARC records are included for all films.
Senior Director – Inside Sales
Phone: (03) 85178306
Level 1, 607 St Kilda Road