NSW.net develops and delivers training courses focused on the state-wide eResources that we provide. These courses are designed to empower library staff to get the most out of the resources and ensure they are equipped with the knowledge to use these eResources effectively for the benefit of their communities.
1. State-wide Database Training
The state-wide databases training offered by NSW.net help public library staff improve their skills in using them and builds their confidence.
From time to time training is available for the following databases:
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Australia/New Zealand Points of View Reference Centre (EBSCO Publishing)
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre (EBSCO Publishing)
- Consumer Health Complete (EBSCO Publishing)
- GreenFILE (EBSCO Publishing)
- Literary Reference Centre (EBSCO Publishing)
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- NoveList Plus (EBSCO Publishing)
- Science Reference Centre (EBSCO Publishing)
- Standards Australia Online Public Library Service (SAI Global)
Please refer to the events web page for upcoming training workshops. If your library is interested in this training, please contact us using the Inquiry form or phone Kathleen Alexander on (02) 9273 1470.
2. “Free Database” Vendor Training
On occasion, vendor training is coordinated by NSW.net when:
- NSW.net has taken on a new free state-wide database
- There is insufficient training capacity and/or experience with the database for NSW.net to take on the training role for the database
- The vendor has introduced a new search interface, or major changes to database functionality
In these circumstances, NSW.net will schedule training dates, provide or arrange suitable training venue/s, and take bookings for scheduled events.
Notification of training events to public libraries is through the NSWPLN mailing list and NSW.net website. To view pre-arranged training dates, see the events and calendar web pages.
If your library is interested in NSW.net training, please contact us using the inquiry form or phone Kathleen Alexander on (02) 9273 1470.
3. Online Vendor training Material
Many of the NSW.net eResources Vendors provide online training material for use by library staff and library patrons. Title specific training material is also listed on the product page for eResources when available.