NSW.net subscribes to 7000 Email Anti Spam and Anti Virus and 7000 Web Security Symantec.cloud (MessageLabs) licences to support NSW.net connectivity services.
Key features include:
- Virus and spam protection – captures over 99% of spam and protects against 100% of known and unknown viruses delivered via email
- Content and image control – blocks users from sending and receiving unauthorized or inappropriate content
- Cloud-based services – no need to purchase or manage hardware and software
- Industry leading SLA’s – for service performance, service availability, email latency, and fault response
- 24/7 support – included with your subscription at no additional cost
- Blocks web-borne malware and spyware including 100% of known viruses
- Real time scanning of all web requests
- URL blocking of specific websites, website categories, and file types
- URL categorization database supports multiple categories for a single URL
- Create rules based on time of day and Internet consumption
- On-demand reporting
- Cloud-based service that is simple to install, easy to use and virtually maintenance-free
- 24/7 support included with your subscription at no additional cost
Councils and libraries can opt to use these services free of charge; however, you will need to contact NSW.net to check the availability of licences as these services are heavily subscribed.
More information on these products can be obtained from the Symantec.cloud website.